Samsung finally announced the One UI 5 open beta program for the Galaxy S22 series on 7th August 2022. The program is open to users in the United States, South Korea, and Germany. The tech giant has also announced the rollout of One UI 5 in other regions in the following months. Earlier it was expected to be released in July 2022. As usual, the Korean tech giant has been behind the clock. Here’s a quick look at the new features of One UI.
More customizability options
One UI 5 offers a larger color palette and presets while customizing themes. Home screens and icons and quick panels now offer 12 more color options and 16 preset color themes.
Users can also stack widgets on same-sized widgets, just like in iOS 15 & iOS 16.
Notification Delivery Controls
With One UI 5, users can easily customize app notifications like blocking notifications and focus on important tasks.
Better Sound Settings
One UI 5 will streamline sound and vibration settings. The reorganized menus for ringtones and vibration settings will allow users to efficiently change settings.
App Specific Language Settings
Users can change language settings for individual apps. This is useful for users who are learning new languages or multi-lingual users.
Other One UI 5 features include
- Improved camera features like Pro and Pro Videos modes.
- Responsive zoom bar and better one-handed camera usage.
- Device Security Dashboard which recommends fixes for security issues
- Improved accessibility options & navigation:
- Enhanced security resources for accessibility tools and apps
- Upgraded Magnifier feature
- Improved spoken assistance like audio descriptions of videos
Samsung has also announced that One UI 5 will receive additional features over the coming months.
Also read: Best Protective Cases for Galaxy S22 Ultra