When you spend hours working on your MacBook, you would definitely need a good mouse that’s responsive, fast, and comfortable to use. Many users prefer using a wireless mouse, rather than their laptop’s trackpad, as it makes things much easier and simpler. A good wireless mouse will improve your workflow and would cause less fatigue, which directly affects your productivity. Gone were the days when it was really hard to pick a good accessory for Apple devices. Now, you can get a wide range of amazing mice for your MacBooks. To help you spot the best ones, we’ve come up with our roundup for the best wireless mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air in 2021.
Whether you’re a designer, a content creator, or someone who loves playing games on his MacBook, there’s a dedicated wireless mouse that would best suit your needs. We’ve included some amazing wireless mice, ranging from budget-friendly to premium options that will serve you with exactly what you’re looking for.
As the latest MacBooks are equipped with just two or four Thunderbolts ports, depending upon the model, we have focused more on the mice that utilize a Bluetooth connection. So, you can easily pair the mouse with the MacBook, without any need for dongles or USB receivers.
Also, while you’re out there looking for the right mouse don’t forget to check out our roundup of the best Ethernet adapters for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
Best Wireless Mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air in 2021
Best Wireless Gaming Mouse for MacBook
Best Wireless Mouse for Graphic Designers and Content Creators
Best Wireless Mouse for Business/ Work From Home
Table of Contents
Best wireless gaming mouse for MacBook
If you have the best games, you would need the best peripherals too, as they make a huge difference in digital life and death, plus they help you experience the true power of your gaming setup. A gaming mouse isn’t just aesthetically different from a regular mouse, it’s designed to be more responsive and more accurate, and the buttons are better positioned for gaming keybinds and macros. Moreover, the best gaming mice offer a faster response time, which never sets you back from shooting your rivals first in the favorite shooters like Call of Duty and Fortnite.
1. Razer Viper Ultimate (Best Wireless Gaming Mouse for MacBook)
For all the gamers, who are looking for the best wireless gaming mouse that offers top-of-the-line DPI, look no further than Razer Viper Ultimate. Packed with the sky-high 20,000 DPI and a high-resolution optical sensor, Razer Viper Ultimate reserves the top spot in our list of the best gaming mice for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
- This mouse offers you 8 programmable buttons, which can be reconfigured for the complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3 software.
- The ambidextrous design of the Razer Viper Ultimate makes it a convenient option for both right and left-handers, with easily accessible buttons on the side.
- It offers you a decent battery life of 70 hours, which is sufficient enough to support long gaming sessions.
- Razer Viper Ultimate includes a customizable chroma RGB charging dock that can fast-charge the mouse and offers up to 5 hrs of playtime, with just 10 minutes of charging.
- For anyone who’s looking for the best lightweight gaming mouse that offers wireless freedom, low-latency, and super-fast response time, it’s worth checking out this mouse.
2. Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse (Best MMO Gaming Mouse)
Weight: 227 gms
Logitech G602 is one of the best MMO wireless gaming mice for MacBooks, which features a sleek design and a host of extra, programmable keys.
- This wireless gaming mouse is crafted specifically for the right-hand users, with a comfortable thumb rest on the left side.
- It offers 11 buttons in total- three on the top, two rows of three buttons each on the left edge, and two additional keys for mouse sensitivity are placed next to the left-click button.
- Once the mouse is connected, the user can download Logitech Gaming Software to adjust sensitivity levels and assign functions to the buttons.
- Logitech G602 utilizes Delta Zero sensor technology, which offers high accuracy to help you score those wins.
- It uses a 2.4Ghz USB-A Bluetooth connector to deliver a lag-free gaming experience.
- This mouse uses two AA batteries and offers a great battery life of up to 250 hours. The mouse can even run on a single battery, in case you want to shed some weight.
- In order to take full advantage of the above-mentioned features, you’ll have to install the right Mac drivers for this mouse.
You can also go for the newer version of this Mac-compatible wireless gaming mouse, the Logitech G604. It offers 15 buttons, including 6 thumb buttons that can be programmed fully via G Hub Software. The mouse is powered by a single AA battery to give 240 hours of gaming and features a Hero 16K sensor for more accurate tracking.
3. Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless
Weight: 99 gms
Corsair Harpoon RGB is a portable wireless gaming mouse that has a low 16ms click latency even when used over Bluetooth, so you can do away with the additional dongles or USB receivers to use it. The mouse is powered by a rechargeable battery and offers a playtime of 60 hours on a single charge.
- It pairs easily with your MacBook, thanks to the Slipstream Wireless technology that offers hyper-fast, sub-1ms connection speeds.
- The mouse features a lightweight and well-built design that’s suitable for any hand-size when used with a claw grip. Also, the rubberized grips on the side deliver a more confident and comfortable grip.
- The overall performance of the mouse is excellent and it has an adjustable DPI range.
- Mac users can download the companion software to adjust the RGB lighting and easily reprogram the 6 buttons.
4. Razer Basilisk X-HyperSpeed
Weight: 106 gms
If you’re looking for an ultra-fast wireless gaming mouse for your MacBook, look no further than the Razer Basilisk X-HyperSpeed. The mouse deploys Razer’s Hyperspeed Wireless technology, which claims to be 25% faster than the other wireless technology for peripherals. This is a blazingly fast gaming mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air that offers high-speed transmission, low click latency, and seamless DPI switching in challenging gaming environments.
- It’s the ultimate gaming mouse that features a dual-mode connectivity design. You can choose between Bluetooth and Hyperspeed wireless connectivity modes (USB dongle).
- It offers a battery life of 450 hours when used in Bluetooth mode and is good to go for up to 285 hours on HyperSpeed Wireless mode for gaming.
- You can fully customize the 6 programmable buttons and pre-set upto 5 custom DPI stages via Razer Synapse 3 software.
- The mouse features durable mechanical switches that offer up to 50 million clicks for extensive gaming and is backed by a 2-year warranty.
Don’t forget to check our list of the best gaming mice with side buttons.
Best wireless mouse for Graphic Designers and Content Creators
1. Logitech MX Master 3 (best mouse for creators and coders)
Interface: Bluetooth and 2.4GHz Wireless
Logitech MX Master 3 is one of the best wireless mice for creatives. It’s a medium-size mouse that offers low click latency, a good DPI performance, and delivers remarkable speed and accuracy with its new MagSpeed scroll wheel. The mouse is fast enough to scroll 1,000 lines of code in a second. Also, the mouse features a comfort shape with an intuitive thumb wheel and controls.
- It features a Darkfield Laser Sensor that offers great tracking capabilities and works on any surface, without the need for a mouse mat.
- The Logitech MX Master 3 can seamlessly connect and switch between upto 3 devices running on different operating systems.
- It can also be used via 2.4GHz Wireless, Bluetooth, or wired connection via USB-C.
- This is the best wireless mouse for Mac users who are into graphic designing, photo, and video editing because of the 3rd party app-specific button customizations.
- The app-specific customizations help to speed up the workflow with predefined app-specific profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- It offers 7 programmable buttons, including a dedicated gesture button. All the customizations can be done by downloading Logitech Options Software from the official Logitech website.
- This mouse offers an incredible battery life of 70 days on a single charge. Plus, a single minute of charge will offer you 3 hours of use.
2. Apple Magic Mouse 2 (best mouse with gesture support)
Programmable Buttons: 0
For anyone who’s looking for a flat, sleek, and lightweight mouse for MacBooks, get yourself the Apple Magic Mouse 2. You can easily connect this mouse with your MacBook via Bluetooth, without the need for any dongles or USB receivers. The mouse looks and feels very premium, plus you can easily slide it inside your laptop bag and carry it wherever you go, shout out the ultra-slim and lightweight profile.
- The entire surface of the Apple Magic Mouse 2 is a tactile touch-sensitive area, giving it all the advantages of Apple’s trackpad, including sideways and horizontal scrolls, and two-finger tap.
- Apple Magic Mouse 2 packs a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers one-month battery life on a single charge.
- However, there’s a weird thing when it comes to charging this mouse. The Lightning port is placed on the bottom, which means you cannot use this mouse while charging it.
3. Logitech MX Anywhere 2S (best mouse for designers)
Interface: Bluetooth low-energy and Logitech Unifying Receiver
Programmable Buttons: 7
Logitech MX Anywhere 2S is one of the best mice for designers working on MacBook on the go. The mouse has a portable design and offers a host of awesome features for productivity and designing tasks.
- It has a sculpted design with a compact shape that fits your hand perfectly and delivers a comfortable grip.
- Logitech MX Anywhere 2S gives you hyper-fast scrolling speed that allows you to go through long documents and canvas with just a single spin of the wheel.
- It utilizes Logitech easy-switch technology that allows you to pair up and switch between up to three devices with the touch of a button.
- You can connect the mouse to your MacBook via Bluetooth low-energy technology or the included USB Logitech unifying receiver.
- The mouse offers a battery life of up to 70 hours on a single charge. Plus, it delivers enough power for all-day usage by charging it for just 3 minutes.
4. Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Although it’s technically not a mouse, it’s a great choice for all the MacOS users for creative purposes. If you’re using a MacBook and an iMac on your desk, you’ll surely appreciate the hassle-free user experience by being able to use the same controls and gestures on both the devices. Apple Magic Trackpad 2 features four force sensors that allow you to click anywhere and offer a bigger workspace as compared to its previous generation.
- It brings Apple’s Force Touch, which triggers different actions based on the amount of pressure applied. It even offers haptic feedback.
- The trackpad features a beautiful, low profile design, and is available in Silver and Space Gray finishes to match the gorgeous aesthetic of your MacBook.
- You can also use Force Clicks to activate application-specific commands.
- This Bluetooth Trackpad has a rechargeable battery that’s charged via the included Lightning cable.
- It pairs instantly with your Mac running OS X v10.11 or later.
5. Logitech MX Vertical (most comfortable mouse for MacBook)
Interface: Bluetooth, Logitech Unifying Receiver, USB-C
Programmable Buttons: 6
If you’re looking for the most comfortable wireless mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, the Logitech MX Vertical is sure to top the list of your favorites. It’s an advanced ergonomically designed wireless mouse that provides easy navigation and comfort for Mac users.
- The mouse is designed with a natural handshake grip to reduce stress on your wrist and hand muscles.
- This vertical mouse allows you to seamlessly connect with up to three devices at a time. There’s a little handy button on the top that enables you to switch between different devices instantly.
- The mouse offers fast charging and ensures smooth performance.
- It offers an incredible battery life of upto 4 months on a single charge and delivers three hours of use from a one-minute quick charge.
- For the best Bluetooth experience, it’s recommended to upgrade your device’s software drivers.
Best Wireless Mouse for Business & Work From Home
1. AmazonBasics wireless mouse
Interface: 2.4Ghz Wireless
All the Mac users who’re a budget-friendly wireless mouse, you must check out the AmazonBasics wireless mouse. It’s a solid, precise, and reliable wireless mouse that would fulfill all of your basic requirements at an affordable price. It’s a perfect wireless mouse for both home and office use.
- Basically, it’s a no-frills wireless mouse with 3 buttons, smooth and precise optical tracking, and a scroll wheel.
- The mouse does not connect over the Bluetooth, so you’ll have to reserve a USB port on your MacBook for the nano-receiver dongle (included in the box).
- The mouse pairs up with your MacBook in a few seconds. Your device will quickly recognize it like any other wired mouse that you would plug via USB.
- The nano receiver is small enough that you can easily leave it in your MacBooks USB – A port. Plus, the mouse has a compartment on its bottom to stow the nano-receiver when you’re not using it.
- It’s worth mentioning that the nano receiver can connect with the MacBooks having the older USB-A ports. You’ll have to use an adapter with the latest MacBooks having only the USB-C ports.
2. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 is a perfect pick for anyone who’s looking for an ultra-portable and reliable mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. It’s the perfect travel accessory for MacBook users when you don’t want to carry the regular full-size mouse with you. Plus, people with smaller hands can use this mouse comfortably in their daily use. Though it’s a small mouse, the ambidextrous design and the ability to use it on any surface has brought this mouse on to our list of the best wireless mouse for MacBooks.
- It features a four-way scrolling wheel for navigating up, down, left, and right.
- The mouse can easily connect to your MacBook via Bluetooth technology. Therefore, you can do away with any additional wires or dongles.
- It’s the perfect backup mouse that runs on a single AA battery for a year.
3. Logitech Ultrathin Touch mouse
Here we have a multi-gesture wireless mouse from Logitech that features an ultra-thin portable design and allows you to take full advantage of OS X Multi-touch navigation using intuitive gestures. The Logitech Ultrathin Touch brings together the elements of both, a conventional wireless mouse and a multi-touch trackpad.
- It features a brushed metallic body and a silky smooth touch surface that complements the gorgeous looks of your MacBook.
- Just like Apple Magic Mouse, the entire top panel acts as a mouse button. Plus, the panel is touch-sensitive, allowing you to use the mouse as a trackpad as well.
- You can pair and switch between two different devices simultaneously with a simple flip of the switch.
- The gestures can be configured via Logitech’s own Preference Manager. You can configure the same range of multi-touch gestures, including swiping, scrolling, and pinch-to-zoom.
- The mouse charges over USB with the included cable. One minute of charge powers the mouse for an hour.
- You can easily slide this mouse inside a bag or even the pockets of your jeans, which makes it one of the best portable wireless mice for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
4. Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse
Interface: Bluetooth or Wirelessly via Unifying Receiver
The MacBook users who’re looking for a retro-style wireless mouse, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless is sure to impress you. Instead of the optical laser sensor, the Ergo mouse uses a trackball. It also allows you to customize the trackball angle from 0 to 20 degrees for a more natural and comfortable hand position and to reduce muscle strain. It’s a must-have wireless mouse for creatives, graphic designers, and other people working on the projects where high precision is required.
- The mouse can navigate seamlessly on two computers and copy-paste images, text, and other files from one device to another using the Logitech System Flow.
- Logitech MX Ergo wireless has 8 fully customizable buttons. Plus, there’s an advanced tracking and precision control button that allows you to change the speed and accuracy of the cursor for optimal control.
- This mouse packs a rechargeable battery that can last up to 70 days on a single charge.
5. Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse
Interface: Bluetooth low-energy and Logitech Unifying Receiver
Programmable Buttons: 3
Here comes a high-powered and high-precision wireless mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air that’s designed to deliver ultimate comfort and versatility. The Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse features adjustable DPI, dual-mode scrolling, and extra controls so that you can handle each task in a more comfortable way.
- This mouse for MacBook has a full-size, contoured shape that follows the natural curve of your hand to deliver a comfortable working experience.
- The Logitech M720 Wireless Mouse offers ultra-precise navigation with its dual-mode scrolling that allows you to switch between the speed and precision required for each task.
- The two side buttons and a hidden thumb button gives you extra control to get your work done in a simpler and faster way.
- You can pair this wireless mouse with up to three devices and easily switch between them with the Easy-Switch button.
- This reliable and durable wireless mouse for M1-powered MacBook Air and MacBook Pro offers an excellent battery life that can last up to 24-months without changing the batteries.
- You can download the Logitech Options Software to program the buttons to fit-in your needs on macOS or Windows.
6. Vssoplor Bluetooth Wireless Mouse
DPI: Upto 2,400
Interface: Type-C receiver, USB Nano receiver, Bluetooth
Here we’ve got an excellent option for all the users who’re looking for a silent, portable, ambidextrous, and highly-efficient wireless mouse for their Apple Silicon Macs, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro models. The Vssoplor Bluetooth Wireless Mouse allows you to connect and switch between three devices with just one click.
- The ambidextrous and slim shape design perfectly fits your hands to improve your workflow and minimize hand fatigue.
- The mouse features soft silent clicks and three adjustable DPI levels (1000, 1600, 2400) which allows you to control the cursor sensitivity depending upon your task. Plus, it has got an impressive click life of 3 million times.
- It packs a durable 3,000mAh lithium battery that can be easily recharged via the included micro USB cable.
- This wireless mouse for MacBook automatically goes into sleep mode to save battery, when it is not in use.
- Apart from MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, this wireless mouse is compatible with various other devices, including Windows, Android, and devices with USB or Type-C interface.
- The Vssoplor Bluetooth Wireless Mouse for MacBook is backed by a 12-month warranty.
That was all for our roundup for the best wireless mouse for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air in 2021. We hope that it has helped you spot the best mouse that fulfills your requirements and fits your budget. Do let us know if we’ve missed any other amazing wireless mouse for MacBook.