It’s safe to say that Samsung’s last Galaxy Unpacked event was primarily focused on showcasing the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. However, the one announcement that most people missed during the event was that WhatsApp will be announcing a feature that would allow you to move your chats between Android and iOS. The feature is only available on Samsung phones, and WhatsApp has verified that it is finally being rolled out.
You’ll need access to both your Samsung device (running Android 10 or later updates) and the iPhone you want to transfer from before you start.
Both handsets must have the same phone number, and the Android handset must be “factory reset or restored to factory settings,” according to WhatsApp. Otherwise, you’ll have to follow the steps below:
- Start by turning on your Samsung device and connecting it to your iPhone using the USB-C cable
Also Read: Most Durable iPhone Cables you can buy
- Select “Smart Switch” as your mode of transfer.
- The phone will prompt you to use your iPhone’s camera app to scan the QR code on the screen.
- Now, on your iPhone, tap “Start” and wait for confirmation that the step is complete.
- Return to your Samsung phone and open WhatsApp, ensuring that you use the same phone number as you did on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Import” prompt and wait for the process to complete. As if you’d never switched from your iPhone, you should now see all of your chats waiting for you!
It’s important to note that the process currently only works one way, that is, between an iPhone and a Samsung phone.
Also read: Whatsapp not working on iPhone