In the month of November 2020, Apple introduced its 13″ MacBook Pro at the “One More Thing” event. It was an upgrade from the 13″ MacBook Pro released in May last year. The new MacBook Pro is powered by Apple’s in-house M1 chipset. Despite having no changes in the design, the M1 MacBook Pro still aces the previous one in terms of performance and battery life. As far as the specification is concerned, the M1-powered MacBook Pro comes with an 8-core CPU and 8-core GPU. It is offered with 8GB or 16GB RAM, while the SSD storage option is up to 2TB.
Now that you have this powerful laptop, you need to take care of it. That’s why we are going to walk you through some of the best cases for the MacBook Pro 13” M1 model you can buy in 2023. Without wasting further time, let’s get right into it.
Note: We update our article from time to time to cover the latest products available in the market.
List of top 15 cases for 13-inch M1/M2 MacBook Pro to buy in 2023
Table of Contents
1. MOSISO 13” M1 MacBook Pro Heavy Duty Case
If you are looking to safeguard your M2 MacBook Pro from heavy accidental damages, you’d probably need the MOSISO heavy-duty case.
- Made from TPU material, this MOSISO case adds to the beauty of your M1-powered MacBook Pro.
- The translucent design allows showcasing the Apple logo. However, the transparency may be different from color to color.
- This case is lashed with vents to disperse the heat generated by the MacBook Pro.
- Easy to take off and install design leaves back all your worries to struggle for hours to get the installation right.
- Let’s not forget, the MOSISO heavy-duty case offers the best possible protection from scrapes and scratches.
- Shock-absorbing edges prevent the screen from shattering when it is dropped.
- Also, it is worth mentioning that this protective MacBook Pro case comes with a one year warranty and a keyboard cover.
- This heavy-duty case is also available in four different colors to match your requirements.
2. Fintie Heavyduty Case for MacBook Pro 13-inch
Are you looking for a heavy-duty case that protects your M1/M2 MacBook Pro 13-inch from accidental damage and shocks during your college visits? If yes, don’t forget to grab this solid hard shell case from Fintie.
- This protective case for the M1 MacBook Pro features a clear hardshell combined with a flexible TPU frame that acts as a bumper and provides all-around protection to your device against any accidental damage. So, if you manage to drop it accidentally, this heavy-duty case should do the job.
- In addition, the hard shell resists accidental scuffs, scratches, and dents that can compromise the look of the MacBook Pro 13-inch.
- This M2 MacBook Pro case features dedicated openings for all the ports so that you can access them without having any issues.
- Besides, the clear transparent design ensures that you flaunt the gorgeous color options available for the M2 MacBook Pro 13-inch.
- You can even find non-slip pads on every bottom corner to prevent the MacBook from sliding off a smooth surface such as an office desk or your workstation.
- If you spend most of the time performing graphics-sensitive tasks such as video editing, gaming, and more, the fully-vented design of this transparent protective case for a 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 would be handy. It is quite efficient when it comes to heat dissipation.
3. IBENZER 13” MacBook Pro Protective Hardshell Case
At last, we have a super protective hardshell case for MacBook Pro M2 that offers 360-degree protection against accidental damage. Here are some of the best features of this protective MacBook Pro case that we think you should know.
- This heavy-duty case is made from a perfect blend of TPU and polycarbonate materials that features a dual-layer full-body rugged design that is made to withstand the heaviest of drops.
- Talking of protection, you’ll also find soft impact-resistant rubber bumpers that offer a good amount of protection against sideways drops and prevents display damage.
- In addition, the honeycomb pattern of this M2 MacBook Pro protective case ensures better heat dissipation to prevent your MacBook Pro from overheating.
- There are perfect port cuttings around the cover that gives you full access to use different connectivity options and ensure that you can charge your MacBook without any hassle.
- Moreover, there are anti-skid pads at the bottom of each corner to prevent your M2 MacBook Pro from skidding off a smooth surface.
4. UAG Rugged Military-grade Case for M1 MacBook Pro 2020
Not the best choice for someone low on budget, but this military-grade case from UAG offers protection against heavy accidental damages.
- The clear transparent armor shell comes with an impact resistance feature to offer solid protection against heavy drops.
- Bumpers around the corner act as shock deflectors whenever your device is exposed to heavy shocks
- The dual lock screen closure completely covers the MacBook Pro to offer all-around protection.
- The non-slip tactile grip offers better handling and prevents it from slipping off a surface.
- Precise cutouts across the cooling vents ease the airflow to prevent your MacBook from overheating.
- Let’s not forget, the UAG case comes with a military-grade certification that indicates better durability and strength of the case. and grip
Also read: Best USB-C Adapters for MacBook Pro
5. ProCase M2 MacBook Pro Dual-layer Case with Foldable Stand
Are you looking for a shockproof case to protect your 13” MacBook Pro powered by an M1/M2 chipset? If so, we recommend getting the ProCase dual-layer case that comes with a foldable stand.
- This shockproof protective case features a heavy-duty armor shell to protect your M1/M2 MacBook Pro.
- The shock-absorbing wraparound bumpers offer premium protection from accidental drops, falls, scratches, etc.
- All thanks to the transparent look, the Apple logo and color of your 13″ MacBook Pro are clearly visible through the case.
- Precise cutouts around the port offer better accessibility.
- The adjustable folding stand offers an ergonomic typing angle to prevent stress on your neck.
- A full vent design is enough to disperse heat generated by the MacBook Pro.
- The ProCase dual-layer case is offered five brilliant colors and is surely more affordable than other alternatives out there.
6. Spigen Thin Fit Case for M2 MacBook Pro 13”
If you are an iPhone or iPad owner, you must be knowing that Spigen offers several cases and covers for them. But, did you know that Spigen offers reliable cases for your MacBook Pro too? This M2 MacBook case is suitable for anyone who is not a fan of bulky cases available right now.
- It features a lightweight and super-thin design. On top of that, the use of PC and premium knit fabric gives your laptop a luxurious look.
- Besides, it protects your device from scrapes, scratches, and more. Since it is a slim case please don’t expect this 13” MacBook Pro M1 case to withstand fatal drops. Therefore, we recommend you handle your device properly.
- Moving on, it comes with precise cutouts around the dedicated ports that you’d find on your MacBook.
- Plus, the knit fabric across the case prevents fingerprint stains to keep the beauty of your M2 MacBook Pro intact for a long time.
- If you are a gamer and fear installing a case would trigger overheating problem, don’t worry, with this slim-fit Macbook Pro case you’re all sorted. Moreover, there are rounded pads on each bottom corner which elevate your laptop from a flat surface allowing heat to dissipate quite easily.
The only shortcoming I would point out is the hefty $70 price tag for a slim case – doesn’t matter if the brand is Spigen, it is absurdly expensive for a slim case. That said, if your pocket allows, it is worth checking out.
If you are searching for an affordable 13-inch MacBook Pro case that has all the features like the Thin Fit series from Spigen, make sure to check out BlueSwan hardshell case. It preserves the original design and protects your laptop from unwanted scratches without adding too much bulk at just under $17. It is worth checking out for anyone who doesn’t want to stress their wallet.
7. Fintie Clear Case for MacBook Pro 13-inch
Lastly, we have another budget-friendly case for the M2/M1 MacBook Pro from Fintie that offers decent protection to the device securing it with any kind of scratches or dents.
- Besides offering decent protection, this plastic hardshell case securely fits the 13-inch 2020 MacBook Pro making all Thunderbolt ports accessible for your docking station or charging.
- It features a well-ventilated design at the bottom for better heat dissipation to prevent overheating & throttling on your MacBook Pro.
- The crystal clear design of this MacBook Pro case allows for showing off the beautiful colors and Apple logo without compromising its safety.
- Further, it is available in thirty color combinations that give you the privilege of matching your style. Plus, it is priced under $14.
8. G JGOO PU Leather Case for 13-inch MacBook Pro M1/M2
If you love designer cases, this one is surely made for you. Yes, the G JGOO leather case features a faux crocodile print that looks aesthetically awesome.
- This case is made from premium synthetic leather adding a more stylish look to it.
- The faux crocodile print is good to prevent scratches and fingerprint smudges. It also offers a pretty good grip whenever you’re carrying the MacBook Pro.
- It is worth mentioning that this leather case can protect your M1-powered MacBook Pro against decent drops, shocks, and bumps. Remember, leather is not expected to protect your device perfectly, however, it can offer protection to some degree.
- The precise cutouts around the ports of the MacBook Pro add more towards the daily usage.
- Ventilation holes on the base of this case are well-designed to dissipate heat from time to time.
- That’s not all, this case for the 13-inch MacBook Pro is backed by a year post-purchase warranty.
9. IBENZER Hard Shell M2 MacBook Pro Case (Best transparent case for 13” MacBook Pro)
Here we have for you the IBENZER case for all those who are fond of transparent cases. This case is compatible with selected models of the 13-inch M2 MacBook Pro.
- This aesthetically pleasant case is made from plastic material to safeguard your MacBook from any kind of accidental damage.
- It has a transparent look which is suitable to flaunt the brand logo of Apple. However, the transparency level changes as you change the color of the case.
- Micro clips around the edges help attach the case easily making the whole installation process hassle-free.
- It should be added that you’ll also get a USB-C to USB-A connector and keyboard cover with this case.
- This case is offered in various colors, and more importantly, it is backed by a one-year warranty.
Also read: Best Cases for MacBook Air (M1 and Intel)
10. Dongke Plastic Case for M1/M2 MacBook Pro
The Dongke case made it through to our list because despite having a thin profile, this case offers solid protection to your M2 MacBook Pro (based on 3,000+ user reviews).
- The plastic hard shell back is designed well to protect the MacBook from drops, dents, scratches, and more.
- Precise cutouts and accessible buttons add more accessibility and functionality.
- Micro clips present in this case hold the MacBook firmly so that it doesn’t come off during bumps.
- Also, the micro clips add to the convenience of installation and removal of the case.
- You will get a keyboard cover and screen protector film with this case.
- Moreover, various color options are suitable for those who are always looking to experiment with colors.
Also read: Best External Hard Drive for M1 MacBook Pro
11. Batianda M2 MacBook Pro 13-inch Case
Anyone who is fond of colorful cases for M1/M2 MacBook Pro 13” should get their hands on this one from Batianda. This brand offers almost thirty color and design options to protect your MacBook Pro from any mishaps.
- Besides having various color options, the Batianda cases are more focused on offering great protection to the MacBook Pro in case of any accidental drops, bumps, or falls.
- The sleek and unique design adds style at the same time gives you the freedom of carrying it anywhere you’d go without any sense of bulk.
- Also, there is a vent at the bottom of this case that lets hot air pass out from your MacBook Pro preventing overheating issues that may occur due to prolonged use.
- This MacBook Pro case features a simple clip-on/off design that makes the installation very easy, especially it is handy for those who struggle to install the case in a proper manner.
- Moreover, it is also shipped with a screen protector, keyboard cover, and as a bonus, you’ll get a keyboard cleaner to wipe out any dust particles that are stuck between the keypads of the MacBook Pro.
12. EooCoo Hard Case for M2 MacBook Pro Bundle (Best Value)
For all those looking for a crystal clear case, we have for you this M2 hard case shell bundle for EooCoo. Bundle because this cover comes alongside a cleaning fabric, compatible keyboard cover, and screen protective film.
- This high-quality PC plastic case is made to resist the high impact generated by drops, shocks, and bumps.
- It is quite effective to prevent scratches that might appear on the surface of the MacBook due to wear and tear.
- The crystal clear transparency ensures the Apple logo is visible.
- The keyboard cover that is offered with the case is fully washable and reusable.
- This hard transparent case 13″ M1 MacBook Pro adds more to the beauty of the MacBook Pro by protecting it.
13. B BELK Transparent M1 MacBook Pro Case
The B BELK transparent case made its way to our list of top ten cases for M2/M1 MacBook Pro 13” because of the durability it offers. We have listed some notable features below, have a look.
- This transparent case from B BELK allows showcasing the design, brand logo, and color of your M1 MacBook Pro.
- The easy-to-snap design enables you to install this case hassle-free.
- Precise cutouts around the port enable cables to easily go through the ports.
- Remember, you will also get a keyboard cover and screen protection film to keep both the keyboard and screen safe from scratches and fingerprint smudges.
- Ventilation cutout on the base of this case prevents the MacBook from overheating.
- That’s not all, you can choose from six color options.
Also read: Best External SSDs for MacBook Pro
14. Anban Clear Case for MacBook Pro 13″ (M1)
If you are looking for a budget-friendly clear case for the M1 MacBook Pro 13”, we recommend getting this plastic hardshell case by Anban. This hardshell MacBook Pro case features a transparent design that lets you flaunt the premium colors and the Apple logo.
- Designwise, this clear case is slim but the hard plastic build makes it one of the most durable cases for the 13-inch MacBook Pro that we have mentioned in our roundup.
- The heat dissipation vent at the bottom of the case ensures that your MacBook Pro never overheats when you’re coding or editing high-resolution media.
- Also, you’ll find rubber feet that prevent your MacBook from skidding off your work table or workstation.
- Moreover, this MacBook Pro 13” clear case comes with a keyboard cover, screen protectors, and three beautiful designs that match your vibe.
15. KECC 13” M1/M2 MacBook Pro Case
The KECC MacBook Pro case comes along with a keyboard case and a durable sleeve. The KECC case comes in a printed design that looks pretty good, at the same time offering decent protection to it.
- The hardshell exterior design features rubber oil paint for smoother touch.
- It is effective in preventing fingerprints and protecting devices from scratches and whatnot.
- The exterior hard shell provides good protection against any accidental damage.
- Rubberized feet on the bottom of this case give a solid grip when kept on a surface and prevent devices from skidding.
- The lightweight and sleek design allow you to carry it anywhere without feeling bulky.
- Moreover, there are plenty of color options available to choose from.
FAQs related to the best cases for 13-inch M1/M2 MacBook Pro
a) Is it okay to put a case on MacBook Pro M1?
Yes, it’s absolutely fine to use a case for M1 MacBook Pro. However, we recommend taking basic precautions while installing a hard case as it can scratch the body if you carelessly install it. While installing a case for MacBook Pro M1 or M2, you must ensure that the case doesn’t interfere with the way of opening or closing the lid. That’s why a lighter case is also suitable for your MacBook Pro.
b) What are some of the best cases for MacBook Pro M1 & M2?
If you are looking for some reliable cases for M1 or M2-powered 13-inch MacBook Pro, you can consider choosing from the following options:
- Batianda Heavy Duty 13-inch MacBook Pro M2 Case
- Mosiso Hard Plastic Case for MacBook Pro M1 13-inch
- SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Rubberized Bumper Case for 13-inch M1/M2 MacBook Pro
- Urban Armor Gear Military-grade Rugged Case for M2 MacBook Pro 13-inch
c) Is it better not to put a case on MacBook?
MacBooks are designed well to ensure that air flows through the bottom vents and from the gap between the screen hinge and the body. That said, it is a wise decision to get a MacBook Pro M1/M2 case that can keep it safe and secure against scratches and accidental damages.
Pro tip: Always buy a reliable case for a 13-inch MacBook Pro as getting a cheap and poorly-designed case could affect the performance and limit the use of accessories.
d) Is a hard case or rubber case better for MacBook?
The choice between a hard case and a rubber case is exclusively dependent upon your requirement. If you have kids at your place and think they can be troublesome for your device, it is best to install a hard case on your MacBook Pro.
On contrary, if you are looking for a case that prevents your device from sliding here and there while working on a polished/slippery table, a rubberized case is an ideal choice for you.
Well, that’s the end of our roundup of the best cases for the M1-powered MacBook Pro 13-inch in 2023. Do let us know if you choose one by commenting below. Also, make sure to read our roundup on best cases for MacBook Air powered by M1 and Intel chipset.