Samsung will take the stage today to unveil their new generation of the flagship Galaxy S series. However, mere hours before the official announcement, it appears that an official Samsung Introduction video has been leaked and reposted multiple times over the internet. This followed a series of leaks and renders which speculated that the phone would be very similar to it’s predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S8. The new video, probably aimed at Business users, confirms the speculations.
Here’s the leaked video-
Samsung has shown off the following features in their video-
- Multi Windows, a feature many generations old in Samsung smartphones.
- An improved Samsung DeX with contextual menus and drag-drop capabilities, where you can plug your phone into a dock to use it as a desktop PC.
- Bixby Live Transalation
- AR Readiness
- App Pairing, where you can create a shortcut to launch two apps at once in Multi Window.
- IP68 water and dust resistance.
- Samsung Knox, a security suite by Samsung
- Biometric Authentication
The Galaxy S9 will also have an Enterprise Edition according to the video which will have the following features-
- 24/7 Technical Support
- Samsung F-OTA(Firmware Over The Air)
- Extended Device Warranties
- Security Updates for up to 4 years
By the looks of it, the Galaxy S9 has the exact same design and even retains the Bixby button. The fingerprint sensor has been re-located to a more comfortable spot but everything else seems to be the same. It can also be confirmed now that the Galaxy S9+ will be the only phone to sport a dual camera setup.
All in all, it’s clear now that the Galaxy S9 is clearly not a huge update. But we’ll know for sure in today’s Samsung event where they unveil the Samsung S9 and S9+.