Updates are one of the most vital aspects that ensures your device runs smoothly and does not face any bottlenecks while encountering new apps. One of Apple’s best qualities is that even years after their phones are released, they maintain them with the most recent software upgrades.
You get most of the latest features and designs without purchasing a new iPhone. However, the update procedure can occasionally become stalled and you think why is my iPhone stuck on preparing update. If you have also faced the iOS 16 iPhone preparing update issue, you must also wonder why is preparing update taking so long.
Therefore, we have created this article explaining how to fix a new iPhone stuck on preparing updates using different methods. This article will cover everything you can do if your iPhone stuck on preparing update.
Table of Contents
What Causes Your iPhone Stuck On Preparing Update?
Getting an ios 16 preparing update ready should take just a few minutes. However, it can take much longer because of specific problems. Suppose you discover that iPhone preparing update stage is taking significantly longer than it should. In that case, the cause is typically received update file, a problem with your Internet access, a minor bug in your current ios 16 preparing update, or a problem with your Internet connection.
- Check your network connection first. With a slow or unreliable internet connection if new iPhone stuck on preparing update. Another time-honored yet efficient method to address any iPhone stuck on preparing update issue is to restart your entire device.
- The iPhone stuck on preparing update can also account due to physical damage to your device.
- If you are thinking about taking your device to a repair shop, try giving these below methods a try. You can try Tenorshare ReiBoot, as it is one click recovery mode. Moreover, the app is compatible with all iOS versions and devices, including iOS 16 and iPhone 14.
The Best Way To Fix Ios 16 Stuck On Preparing Update
Now that you know about the possible reason and causes of the ios 16 preparing update getting stuck. You might also be interested in knowing how to fix it. Since many issues can cause this problem, you should know how to tackle each situation and fix it easily.
With Tenorshare ReiBoot, all your iPhone and iOS 16 preparing update will be easily taken care of. It is a recovery mode tool that can solve other problems, too, like. Apple Logo stuck screen, recovery mood loop, etc.
Follow these steps to fix an iPhone stuck on preparing an update issue using Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Launch the app and click on start.
- Go with standard repair and download your firmware package in your desired location.
- Click on start and wait for ReiBoot to install iOS 16 on your device.
- Wait for a few minutes, and you will be greeted with the new home screen.
5 Ways To Fix iPhone Stuck On Preparing Update
Tenorshare ReiBoot is one solution for the iPhone stuck on preparing updates. There are a few options that you can do yourself. If these all don’t work, you are already backed up with the iconic software. Without further ado, let’s hope in.
1. Force Close Apps
It’s entirely conceivable that the Preferences app isn’t operating correctly. Therefore, you should force close the Setting programmed as soon as you encounter difficulties upgrading the device.
- Double tapping the home button on iOS 16 preparing update with a home screen will display any background apps. To force the Settings app to close, choose it from this menu and slide it upwards and off the screen.
- To recognize the background-running apps on phones with Face Recognition, you simply need to slide up to the touchscreen and stop in the center. To force the Settings menu to close, simply swipe up.
2. Ensure Your Wi-Fi Connection
A reliable network would be necessary for any iOS 16 preparing update. Otherwise, it may be stopped at any time. Reboot your Wi-Fi modem right now. Verify that your iPhone’s settings are properly set up with the proper credentials. Even better, you can restart the network and connect.
Next, move to a location close by that has better connectivity, such as your terrace, sitting room, garden, etc. Then, perform a hard reset on your iPhone to restart it.
3. Delete Update And Try Again
A big reason why iPhone preparing update stuck is due to corrupted files or when something goes wrong while downloading. In order to solve this issue, all you need to do is go into the settings tab and navigate to general. Then, proceed to iPhone storage and find iOS 16 In there. Click on it and choose the delete update option.
Afterward, go to your settings, navigate to the software update option and then proceed to reinstall the update.
4. Hard Restart Your iPhone If Stuck on iOS 16 Preparing Update
Since restarts can fix most of your problems, try going with a force restart on your iPhone by following these steps.
- Press and release the volume increase button.
- Do the same with the volume-down one.
- Hold the side button and when the apple logo appears, release it.
5. Use DFU Mode To Fix iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update
DFU is an advanced repair system that is built into the iOS system. Most technicians also use this trick to solve problems. With DFU, you can fix iPhone preparing update problem, even on the deepest level. Just follow these steps.
- Launch iTunes on your PC.
- Using a cable, connect your phone to the pc and go into DFU mode.
- After your device is recognized, follow the instructions on the screen and click on restore.
This was a conclusive and detailed guide on how to deal with an iPhone stuck on preparing update. We hope that it cleared all your queries regarding the iPhone preparing update issue and answered your question about why is preparing the update taking so long.
If you want to eliminate all these issues, you can download Tenorshare ReiBoot, enjoy easy access to all settings, and fix your problems with a click of a button. If you have any other issues related to these, you can share them with us.