The stabiliser market has competition, more fierce than you would imagine, and Zhiyun just turned the heat up. After the hugely successful Crane series for mirrorless cameras, Zhiyun has come up with a new product- the Weebill Lab or what you might call the younger brother to the Zhiyun Crane 3.
The Weebill Lab come with an array of promising features, some pretty interesting-
- It’s more compact than the competition, which makes it particularly easy to travel with. Moreover the lighter form factor gives 50% reduction in size, 80% increase in motor power and 100% improvement in respond speed.
- It comes with a crafty new latch design system which adds to the overall versatility of the product. It can also save presets which is another hassle reducing must-have. The structure further allows you to hold it in 2 ways- upright or a new underslung position by mounting the tripod as a handgrip.
- The killer feature of the Weebill Lab is HD wireless image transmission. The Weebill lab supports real-time monitoring, framing and parameter control over your camera. Almost every smartphone and tablet are already compatible with the partner app installed.
- Zhiyun has also promised a new ViaTouch Control System which allows users to take care of every detail simply on a phone screen like making various gimbal movements and camera settings while framing the shots simultaneously all via a same screen. This sounds groundbreaking.
- Zhiyun claims that the weight of the product is similar to that of a phone stabiliser but it is pro-grade with a maximum payload of 3KG.
- There is a new double quick release plate system(Manfrotto/ Arca-swiss) which every photographer can vouch for.
- As if Zhiyun was not giving you enough control from your phone, there is a new Motion Sensor Control feature, which allows you to control your gimbal by simply moving your phone. Traditional gimbals use a dedicated accessory for this.
Other than all that, the Weebill Lab, of course, supports all the features that have become a part of the Zhiyun ecosystem like great battery life, decent OLED display and backwards compatibility to all of Zhiyun’s accessories.
We are bound to get our hands on this product soon enough. Stay tuned for the full review coming your way.